Advanced Flex Plan Administration with the Human Touch
EMPOWER VISA Debit Card
Convenience and Higher Participation!
The EMPOWER VISA Debit Card offers Employees total convenience. The Debit Card increases plan participation because the paperwork hassles are almost non-existent. In fact, 94% of eligible items are purchased using the card with no need to file a paper claim. Employees should keep all receipts in case they are requested, or if they are required for future IRS verification
The EMPOWER VISA Debit Card may be used to easily access FSA and HSA funds. The Debit Card may even be used for some HRAs. Due to the Debit Card’s convenience, plan participation generally increases 50% to 100% in groups which offer it. This means substantially more FICA tax savings for the Employer.
- The Debit Card comes preloaded with each Employee’s annual medical FSA contribution (dependent care and HSAs are pay as you go).
- Each Employee receives up to two Debit Cards per household.
- Employees use the Debit Card like a charge card at pharmacies and medical, dental and vision facilities.
- The Debit Card may be used at day care centers that accept charge cards.
- The Debit Card’s payment system is linked with the specific copayments for each benefit type (medical, dental, vision and prescription copays).